Remember to top off the meal with scrumptious desserts or give food related gifts to the special men in your life as a Father's Day present that you know will be appreciated.
Here's a great idea to get you off to a good start, plus check out more recipes around the Web to help you plan the main meal for the "Main Man" on Father's Day ...
Father's Day French Toast
1 cup sliced fruit or small berries 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
2 tablespoons sugar
4 thick slices of fresh bread
1 cup milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg whites
4 teaspoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup fresh fruit
1/4 cup fruit syrup (room temperature)
Fruit Filling Instructions 1. Mix together the cup of sliced fruit or small berries, the lemon juice and zest and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Set aside to soak and sweeten the fruit.
French Toast Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine milk, sugar, vanilla and eggs in a mixing bowl, and beat until frothy.
3. Cut the thick bread slices into two thick halves (just as if you were cutting a sandwich in half.)
4. Cut a slit in each of the bread pieces to form a hole for the fruit filling.
5. Put about 1 tablespoon of the fruit filling in each piece of bread and secure the slit with toothpicks to keep the fruit inside.
6. Place the filled bread slices in a 13" X 9" baking dish.
7. Pour half of the egg mixture over the fruit stuffed bread.
8. Flip the bread over and pour the rest of the mixture onto the bread to ensure that it's well-coated and place in refrigerator to chill for 15-30 minutes.
9. Grease another 13" X 9" inch baking pan and add the fruit filled bread pieces.
10. Bake for 3 - 5 minutes or until the top is golden brown then flip them and bake for another 3 - 5 minutes to brown the other side.
11. Place two pieces of french toast on each plate and top with warm fruit syrup and the rest of the fruits and berries.
More Father's Day recipes & menu ideas around the Web:
Day at Fabulous Foods - You'll love the special article
on homemade gift baskets with tons of great ideas, but the selection
of barbecue recipes and a section for campers are just as good.
They also offer e-cards and other Father's Day information...
Day Grilling - Check out great barbecue recipes for Father's Day comes complete
with plenty of advice on how to make your grill produce the best
results, from the Food Network.