When: Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 7PM ET Where: Televised on Telemundo live from Coral Gables, FL
Recognizing the most popular Latin music on the charts, the Billboard Latin
Music Awards features top solo performers & Latin groups who compete for top honors in such categories as pop, rock, tropical, Mexican
regional music, and Reggaeton.
This year, the annual Billboard Latin Music Awards aired on Thursday, October 5, 2023 live at 7PM ET on Telemundo from the Watsco Center in Coral Gables, Florida.
The list of 2023 Billboard Latin Music Award nominees (also see WINNERS, below) included Mexican superstar Peso Pluma who led the list of finalists with 21 nods across 15 categories, including Artist of the Year and Songwriter of the Year.
Peso Pluma leads the pack this year with a total of 21 nominations.
Other top nominees this year included Bad Bunny and Grupo Frontera with 15 nods each, followed by Karol G with 13, and Shakira and Fuerza Regida with 12 nominations each.
Peso Plum joined the live performance lineup on awards night that also included another top nominee, Bad Bunny, with additional performances by Calibre 50, Chiquis, El Alfa, Eladio Carrión, Justin Quiles, Los Ángeles Azules, Manuel Turizo, Marshmello, Myke Towers, Tini and Yandel.
Just up ahead, check out fun facts and trivia about one of Latin music's biggest nights, along with a complete list of 2023 Billboard Latin Music Awards nominees and winners.
DID YOU KNOW? Billboard Latin Music Awards trivia & fun facts
• The Billboard Latin Music Awards began in 1994 honoring the most popular albums, songs, and performers in Latin music.
• Growing out of the Billboard Music Awards, today the awards are the longest running and the most prestigious in the Latin music industry.
• In 1999, the ceremony was first broadcast on the television network Telemundo, where it became the network's highest-rated music special.
• Nominees are selected mainly from among top music performers in the United States, Latin America, and Spain. However artists from other countries are eligible, as well - as long they perform outstanding Latin music.
• Big winners at the Billboard Latin Music Awards include Enrique Iglesias who has taken home 43 awards, followed by Shakira with 34.
• The artist with the most Billboard Latin Music Awards nominations ever was Ozuma in 2019 with 23 nods in 15 categories. He took home 11 awards to became the biggest winner in a single year in the history of the awards.
the Billboard Latin Music Awards around the Web: