Recognizing the most popular Latin music on the charts, the Billboard Latin
Music Awards features top solo performers & Latin groups who compete for top honors in such categories as pop, rock, tropical, Mexican
regional music, and Reggaeton.
This year, the landmark 25th annual Billboard Latin Music Awards is tentaively set for a return to it's original April broadcast, after being pushed up to the fall for several years.
As always, watch for it on its traditional TV home, Telemundo.
Bad Bunny led the pack in 2022 with a total of 9 wins, including Artist of the Year.
DID YOU KNOW? Billboard Latin Music Awards trivia & fun facts
• The Billboard Latin Music Awards began in 1994 honoring the most popular albums, songs, and performers in Latin music.
• Growing out of the Billboard Music Awards, today the awards are the longest running and the most prestigious in the Latin music industry.
• In 1999, the ceremony was first broadcast on the television network Telemundo, where it became the network's highest-rated music special.
• Nominees are selected mainly from among top music performers in the United States, Latin America, and Spain. However artists from other countries are eligible, as well - as long they perform outstanding Latin music.
• Big winners at the Billboard Latin Music Awards include Enrique Iglesias who has taken home 43 awards, followed by Shakira with 34.
• The artist with the most Billboard Latin Music Awards nominations ever was Ozuma in 2019 with 23 nods in 15 categories. He took home 11 awards to became the biggest winner in a single year in the history of the awards.
the Billboard Latin Music Awards around the Web: