1. Place the raspberry and the lime juice in a food processor, process until smooth.
2.Strain about half the seeds out and set aside.
3. In a saucepan combine the water, sugar and the champagne.
4. Bring to a boil, remove from heat;
5. Stir in the raspberry puree, cool to room temperature.
6. Pour the mixture into a large, shallow baking dish. Cover and freeze over night.
7. Remove from freezer, and let set for five minutes.
8. Scrape with a fork until fluffy.
9. Place the Granita in an airtight container and put it in the freezer until ready to use.