And since this is Halloween there has to be, um, finger food....
Finger Food Cookies
1 package pre-made sugar cookie dough
1. Roll pieces of dough out in to a ball and then in to a log shape. Making regular notches and indentations to resemble knuckles.
2. Add an indentation at one end and fill with raspberry jam. Top with a slivered almond
piece for the fingernail.
3. Bake for 8-10 until golden brown.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 package jumbo pasta shells
peppers, green olives or carrots to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking dish.
2. Fill large pot with water and bring to boil. Cook pasta shells until tender, drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Add ground beef and brown for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into cooked shells and place in prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until hot. Decorate with small pieces of pepper or carrots to make fangs and secure olive "eyeballs" with toothpicks.
Jack O Lantern Cheeseburgers
American cheese slices
your favorite toppings
1. Broil hamburgers.
2. Take slices of American cheese and cut out jack-o-lantern shapes. Place on top of hamburgers.
3. Return hamburgers to broiler until cheese is slightly melted.
4. Serve on hamburger buns with ketchup, mustard, pickles or other favorite toppings.
Get more help with your Halloween party ideas along with top Web picks for finding online recipes - from the elegant to the truly yucky - including romantic Halloween dishes, easy stuff for the kids to make, and more Halloween recipes from our own Chiff Chef Recipe File...
Halloween Recipes - Check out this page featuring dozens of recipes and color photos that illustrated the chef's spirit take on with recipes ranging from the obvious Deviled Eggs to the truly inspired Savory Brain Shrimp Spread.
Perfect Entertaining Halloween Edition - If you're into a serious attempt at great Halloween recipes, this master caterer offers a full menu - from elegant appetizers to delicious dessert treats - that actually LOOK and taste good. Shocking...
Halloween Recipes - Quick, easy, fun stuff for the kids From Kraft Foods, including scary snacks, creepy eats, and sweet
treats with complete instructions, ingredients, photos & videos.
Hershey's Halloween Recipes - For chocoholics of all ages with pages of dessert recipes including Witch's Brew, Pumpkin Face Cookies and lots more.
A Vegan Halloween Party - Good intro on Halloween history followed by clever, meatless recipes for Goblin's Pate, Vampire's Blood (cranberry punch), and more with photos, ingredient lists and instructions.