The British Open is back in full swing this year with its 151st edition at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club at Hoyak, one of the oldest and most demanding seaside clubs in the UK.
Watch for all the action to take place at Royal Liverpool from Thursday, July 20 to Sunday, July 23, 2023 televised live in the US on NBC.
2023 British Open US TV schedule
Watch for the early rounds on NBC's streaming service Peacock and the Golf Channel, with network NBC taking over the final rounds for complete coverage of the 2023 British Open.
Since the schedule changes little year to year, below check out the tentative 2023 British Open TV schedule with updates to comes as they are announced in July:
Thursday, July 20 -- 1 AM - 4 PM on Peacock/Golf Channel
Friday, July 21 -- 1 AM - 4 PM on Peacock/Golf Channel
Saturday, July 22 -- 7 AM - 3 PM on NBC
Sunday, July 123 -- - 6 AM - 2 PM on NBC
Royal Liverpool last hosted in 2014, when Rory McIlroy won his very first British Open.
All about the British Open
the UK, it's simply called The Open the world's
first golf championship tournament which began in 1860. Today it is one of the hottest tickets in the world of sport.
The British Open will feature top performances by golf pros who will gather to compete for the historic Claret
Jug trophy and the Open's huge $2.5 million prize.
DID YOU KNOW? British Open Fun Facts
The oldest winner of the British Open was "Old"
Tom Morris who was 46 when he won in 1867.
His son, "Young" Tom Morris was 17
when he won the following year.
• Legendary British golfing great, Harry Vardon, holds the record for most British Open wins with six -- in 1896, 1898, 1899, 1903, 1911, and 1914.
• American golfing great, Jack Nicklaus, named his golf course "Muirfield" in Ohio after the course where he won his first British Open in 1966.
• Bob Charles was the first first New Zealander - and the first left-handed player - to win the Open in 1963.
• Gary Player has played the British Open more than anyone with 46 appearances. Player further distinguished himself after winning the British Open in 1959, 1968, and 1974 making him the only golfer in the 20th century to win the Open in three different decades.
• Ben Curtis was a PGA rookie ranked no. 396 in the world when he won the British Open in 2003.
• Josh Hutchison was born in England, but he was a naturalized US citizen by the time he won in 1921 to become the first American to win the British Open.
More about the British Open around the Web:
The 2023 Open Championship -
The official site of The Open with ticket information and online purchase, video highlights,
a daily photo gallery, player biographies, feature articles and
The Open Championship - Wikipedia - The complete overview including historical highlights, future dates and venues, photos, related references and resources, and a list of winners from 1860 to the present.